Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 8 minutes
- 50g butter
- 200g cap mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 800g beef mince, seasoned, shaped into 4 patties
- 4 (200g) thick slices Bodalla Gumleaf Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns, split, toasted
- ½ cup tomato relish
- 25g baby rocket leaves
- Sweet potato fries and large dill pickle, to serve
1 Melt butter in a large saucepan over high heat. Add mushroom; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until starting to soften. Add green onion; cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until mushrooms are soft. Cover to keep warm.
2 Meanwhile, preheat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4 minutes, turn, then cook for 2 minutes. Top each pattie with cheese, then cook for 2 minutes more or until cheese starts to melt.
3 Spread burger buns with relish, top with rocket, mushroom mixture then burger patties. Serve with sweet potato fries and pickle.