Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
- 1 large sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup caramelised onion
- 200g Bodalla Sage and Saltbush Cheddar Cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 1 baby fennel, trimmed, leaf tips reserved, very thinly sliced
- 4 large figs, quartered lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
1 Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place a baking tray in oven to preheat. Grease a 22cm (base measurement) fluted tart pan with removable base.
2 Line prepared pan with pastry, cutting to fit. Trim edges. Spread onion over base, then top with cheddar. Whisk egg and cream together, then pour over cheddar mixture.
3 Bake tart, on preheated tray, for 30 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove and rest for 5 minutes in pan. Transfer to serving plate. Top with combined fennel, leaf tips and fig. Season with black pepper. Drizzle with oil. Serve warm.